As a change of name may result in the driver large fine and impound
That’s why when the change of name is necessary to change the law.
According to employees of registry offices, young Russians became increasingly refuse to change my surname upon marriage, preferring to keep her maiden name after marriage. It is no wonder that the younger generation of people believes that a woman should not take her husband’s name. However, according to opinion polls, in Russia 40% of women in marriage still take the name of the spouse. However, sometimes Vice versa, when the husband takes his wife’s surname, although it is much more rare. Unfortunately, the change of name for any kind of flooring, usually turns into a huge headache.
After the name change under the law it is necessary to change all important documents: passport, passport, official ID, medical insurance and, of course, a driver’s license. However, due to the large number of documents that need to be replaced, many are limited to only the most necessary, changing only the ID (passport), a passport and, if necessary, the business card. The rest of the documents remain with the old name. Including a driver’s license. In the end, people continue to drive with the old rights, not knowing what kind of headache might turn into such carelessness.
The problems start when they get stopped by the police and decides to check the driver’s license database. At this point, many drivers, not replacing the name of rights, beginning to tear my hair out in frustration or ignorance of the law. Why? Yeah the thing is that the driver’s license, which listed an old name, under the current legislation expire. And if so, then the traffic police has the right to attract to administrative responsibility for driving without a license, with all its consequences.
But how? As can be invalidated driver’s license in the usual procedure for the change of name in tribute to tradition, after the wedding?
Usually, people then change the ID (passport). Isn’t that enough? A traffic police officer can, along with the rights to show a new passport and even a certificate from the Registrar about the change of name on the basis of registered marriage. Unless the policeman will not understand?
Yes, he may understand the situation. But under the law he is, in fact, should attract you to the administrative responsibility, as you then change the names were required to change the driving license, and only then had the right to sit behind the wheel.
Refer to paragraph 35 of Chapter III of the regulation of the RF Government dated 24.10.2014 No. 1097 “On the admission to management of vehicles” (together with “Rules of carrying out of examinations on the right of management of vehicles and issuing of driver’s licenses”), which specified the exhaustive list of grounds on which the driving licence becomes invalid. Here is the list:
if it’s expired driver’s license;
if you change contained in driver’s license personal information of the owner
– if the licence is unserviceable for further use due to wear, damage, or other causes and the information specified therein (or in part), it is impossible to determine visually
– if the licence is issued on the basis of the documents which in due course was recognized as spoofed (fake) or issued in violation of these Rules of procedure
(as amended by the Decree of the RF Government dated 04.02.2016 N 65)
– if you received a statement about the loss (theft) driving license
– if you issued a new driver’s license
if confirmed the presence of the vehicle driver medical contraindications, or who were diagnosed previously medical restrictions to vehicle control
Also in this Chapter the RF Government Decree No. 1097, para 29 indicates in what case is the issuance of new driver’s license to replace the old without examination:
- a) upon expiration of driver’s license
- b) if the change contained the driver’s license of personal data of its owner
- C) if the licence is unserviceable for further use due to wear, damage, or other causes and the information specified therein (or in part), it is impossible to determine visually
- g) upon receipt of Declaration of loss (theft) driving license
- d) if the determination of whether the driver of the vehicle changes in health status, including those who were diagnosed previously are not medical statements or medical restrictions to vehicle control
- e) when will the applicant before the expiry of the driving license
- (item “e” was introduced by Decree of the RF Government dated 23.03.2017 No. 326)
So, as you can see, when the change of name in the passport you are, in fact, change their personal data. And if so, then under current legislation by changing the names of old driving license become invalid. Accordingly, to sit behind the wheel of such rights impossible. Why?
The thing is that for driving with an invalid driver’s license, you could face serious administrative liability, under article 12.7 of the administrative code of the Russian Federation, as according to the law you lose the right to sit behind the wheel with an invalid driver’s license. And if so, then getting behind the wheel, you are directly violating part 1 of article 12.7 of the administrative code, violation of which may result in a fine from 5 000 to 15 000 rubles.
But that’s not all. Your car may be towed to the impound lot by throwing you under the law from the control of the vehicle. Recall that the driver with invalid rights cannot drive a car.
So if next to you at the time of drawing up an administrative report no person with a driver’s license, you will have to take the car out of impound, paying the cost of the evacuation and the cost of keeping the car in the Parking lot. Also, you will certainly have to pay a fine for driving with an invalid rights.