26 things that people under the age of 15 do not believe it, but she had endured the Millennials
The younger generation does not believe in what experienced people born after 1983
Lately, the Internet is gaining popularity of online flash mob #10 yearschallenge in which people show that was ten years ago and has now become. We, in turn, decided not to lag behind to this fashionable trend network. But rather to widen its scope. We have collected things that do not understand those who are now under 18, but those who are the Millennials, it is quite familiar and understandable.
Recall that the Millennials (generation Y, generation NEXT, network generation, echo boomers, etc.) – people who were born after 1983. After all, this generation of people greeted the new age in young adult. Typically Millennials in the first place, deeply involved in digital technology.
So there you go.
1. In order to use the computer, had to sit in designated place in the room
Today those who are 15 years old, it’s hard to understand what is the use of computer in only one place in the apartment or house. But to Millennials it’s very familiar. Sooner to use the computer, it was necessary to go to the room where he was standing.
2. To play some video games, you had to connect three colored wires to the TV
For most of the younger generation such device and connect it to the TV might sound wildness. Today the connection of STB and other devices to the TV looks a lot easier (HDMI or WiFi). But those born after 1983, familiar wire-“tulips” that gamers confuse colors when connecting.
3. Waiting 12 nights to be able to talk on a cell phone cheaper
In the late 90-ies, when mobile communication became a bit cheaper, and mobile phones are no longer cost as much as new cars, many people were waiting for when it will be 12 hours of night, to be able to talk cheaper. The fact that in the late 90-ies of the cellular operators had tariffs, where minute conversation on the phone in the daytime was more expensive than at night. Probably the current teenagers it is hard to understand.
4. Look through the tiny hole to make the
Give 15-year-old old film camera sample 90-ies, and you are guaranteed a show to the amazement and misunderstanding of the child. Believe me, many young people do not understand how you can take pictures with a strange gadget.
5. Wait about 10 days between filming … to finally see what happened during the shooting
But even more surprising 15-year-old how Millennials waited about 10 days to see what happened in the pictures after photographing. Indeed, in those years for printing photos had to show the film. Unfortunately, not many photo studios had the opportunity to do it very quickly. On average, in 90-e years the film had to wait about 10 days.
6. Young people do not understand, what is it like showing the film and printing photos, see here is:
Yes, those born in the early 80s or earlier, are no strangers to this. But for those who do not know what analog cameras, probably, do not understand that Millennials felt when, for example, pictures from a wedding, birthday, etc. looked like this.
7. Click on the mobile phone 14 times button in the message write “Hello”
To do this in English, it was necessary to press the button 17 times. 15-year-old does not understand what it was like to type a message on the old keypad mobile phones.
8. Pockets of teenagers in the 2000s, the years were hard on the phones and players
Yes, in those years, young people had to carry not only a mobile phone but also a music player, because a full listen to the music on your phone was impossible. Let today music pocket players went nowhere, many young 15-year-old people today, this gadget seems pointless. After all, today’s smartphones are completely deprived of meaning, the use of CD and MP3 player.
9. If you had a portable CD player or your car was equipped with a CD player, you had to carry a huge case with your music collection or store it in the car
Today’s teenagers are very hard to understand what it’s like to carry a large collection of favorite music on a CD used in portable CD players or in the car. For most 15-year-old today, it looks crazy and ridiculous. But for those born after 1983, these music collections in the case of storage of CDs-disks still fresh in the memory.
10. Only Millennials know what it’s like to spend hours on CD only in order to see this message:
10 years ago the only way to build your music collection on the CD was recording music on the computer. In those years, was a very popular program for recording CDs. But very often in the recording process happened such incidents. The most insulting that records required too much time.
11. To be cut off from the Internet when someone needed to use the home phone
Tell your 15-year old child that used to go on the Internet, it was necessary to connect the modem to a telephone wall Jack. But if someone had to use the phone, on the Internet could forget. Today this method is to go online seems like a nightmare and delirium. However, 10-15 years ago it was considered normal. How quickly the world is changing and the technology in it!
12. To open the window in the car should be hard to manually turn the window regulator handle
If your child has never been in an old car that was released before 2000 years, it is unlikely to guess what is that handle in the photo. But even if you explain to your teenager that it is, it is unlikely to fully understand what you’re talking about.
13. What – only a few channels on TV
If you tell your 15-year-old child that before the television had a few channels, he will, of course, not believe. But Millennials know what we mean.
14. Only Millennials know what it means to use only 12 emoticons
Today the computer that the smartphone has a number of emoticons that help you Express your thoughts, mood, etc. in messages to others. But only Millennials know what – only 12 not very nice emoticons.
15. Record phone numbers in the address book with search by letter
Today, these notebooks, of course, still in demand. But for the younger generations of people like things already seem ancient and strange. Many teenagers have this kind of book is laughable. But many of those born after 1983, you know that at the time, without these books it was impossible to live. And even then, when the first mobile phones that had small memory.
16. Today’s teenagers can’t understand what it means to fall into the trap with a wired telephone
For the younger generation of people today think the wild use your wired phone. But even more they do not understand what it means to get trapped with landline phones due to the constant entanglement of wires.
17. What is constantly to enter in the Internet WWW browser
If today’s 15-year-old people give old technology of the Internet and put behind the computer with the first version of the browser, they would be shocked that they constantly had to dial in front of the website address WWW.
18. Waiting a lifetime to download a file in 10 MB from the Network:
Unfortunately, more recently, the Network was impossible to download even small by today’s standards file. Above you can see the example injection rate of 10-megabyte file. In order to download, you don’t have enough life. Today it seems fantastic and unreal. But those born after 1983, I remember well, that is – too slow Internet. Today’s teenagers will never understand.
19. What – to go to the library to prepare for the essay or report
Today’s teenagers are sometimes very hard to explain why we need libraries. Especially today, when the Internet you can find anything.
20. To find out the direction using a physical fold-out maps
Today if you invite a teenager to find a route on a paper map, he will look at you with bewilderment. And it is logical when today to replace paper relics came navigation built into any smartphone and tablet.
21. What – take video cassettes in the rental and hear: “I will Not take back, the tape is not rewound”
For today’s teenagers, the VHS cassette is a rudiment in the world of video. But even more, they don’t understand how you could rent a videotape, not to take it back to the video store due to the fact that the tape is not rewound.
22. Unlike today’s teen Millennials know what it means to save documents to a floppy disk
For 15-year-olds the floppy disk to save documents with computer – like mammoth.
23. View infinite number of pages in search of organizations in the thick telephone directory
Today’s teenagers can’t understand what it’s like to use huge paper phone book. But those who today, more than 30 years, and know what it is.
24. Waiting when your favorite song will appear on the radio so you could record it on tape
Only Millennials know what it is – the long wait to your favorite songs on the radio, in order to have time to record it on an audiotape.
25. What is it to scratch the CD – ROM and lose your favorite songs
Only those who caught the peak of the popularity of CDs, I know the feeling when your CD with your favorite music is no longer readable due to scratches.
26. What – to answer the call without knowing who is calling
It is unlikely you will be able to explain to today’s teenagers what it’s like to answer the phone without knowing who is calling you. Yes, some teenagers today know what a caller ID. But they are unlikely to understand that such calls were previously always.